Series of interviews of Prof. Quentin Parker on China’s recruitment of payload specialist in HK
Prof. Quentin Parker, Director of LSR, was interviewed by various media organizations on his views on the China’s recruitment of payload specialist in Hong Kong. The articles and videos are listed below, in alphabetical order.
1. RTHK Radio 3
- Prof. Parker shared his views on China’s recruitment of payload specialist in HK on Backchat, RTHK Radio 3’s current affairs programme. It was broadcasted on 5 October, 2022 and the playback is available on https://www.rthk.hk/radio/radio3/programme/backchat/episode/841938 (starting from 08:50)
2. South China Morning Post (SCMP)
- Prof. Parker shared his optimistic views on the effect of launch of recruitment campaign by Chinese space agency in Hong Kong on young people’s development in scientific research. https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3194598/wanted-aspiring-chinese-astronauts-hong-kong-and-macau?module=perpetual_scroll_0&pgtype=article&campaign=3194598
- The article of Prof. Parker on implications of China’s recruitment of payload specialist in Hong Kong for local aerospace development was published on 6 Oct, 2022. https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3194715/chinas-space-recruitment-drive-one-small-step-hong-kong-one-giant
- The interview by TVB on the impact of China’s recruitment of payload specialist in HK on local aerospace research was broadcasted on ‘A Closer look’ (時事多面睇) on 6 Oct, 2022 on TVB News Channel (83) https://news.tvb.com/tc/programme/closerlook (starting from 05:41); https://news.tvb.com/tc/programme/newsroundup (starting from 21:07).
- The interview with ViuTV on China’s recruitment of payload specialist in Hong Kong was broadcasted on 3 Oct, 2022 https://news.now.com/home/local/player?newsId=492494&refer=Share&utm_source=nowNewsAppShare&utm_medium=referral (starting from 00:37).
5. Xin Hua News Agency
- Prof. Parker, LSR director, and Andy Kong, research assistant, were interviewed by XinHua News Agency on China’s recruitment of payload specialist in Hong Kong. The article was published on 7 October, and can be read on (Chinese) http://www.news.cn/2022-10/07/c_1129053575.htm ; (English) https://english.news.cn/20221007/8ccb37a51dfb49c49a4c41cffca5f7d8/c.html.