THE LABORATORY FOR SPACE RESEARCH
(Committee of the Faculty of Science)
I. POWERS AND DUTIES (Terms of Reference)
- To advise the Board of the Faculty of Science on all academic matters relating to the Laboratory for Space Research (LSR hereafter).
- To report annually to the Board of the Faculty of Science on the activities of the LSR.
- To advise on the program of activities and strategic development of the LSR.
- To advise on suitable candidates for visiting research appointments in the LSR.
- To recommend appointment of the Director of the LSR.
- Dean or Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Studies) of Faculty of Science (Chairperson).
- The Director of the LSR or his/her delegate (to be one of the Deputy LSR Directors).
- The Research Division Directors of Physics & Astronomy and Earth & Planetary Science (or his/her nominee(s)).
- Three teachers of the Faculty of Science who work wholly or partly at the LSR, at least one each from the Divisions of Physics and Astronomy, and Earth and Planetary Science as appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Science (appointments 2 years, renewable).
- At least one, and not more than three, reputable and relevant international scientists who are not members of the University staff, as nominated by the Dean of Science, and appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Science (appointments 2 years, renewable).
- Not more than three other members, co-opted by the Advisory Board (appointments 2 years, renewable). To include at least one industry or government representative to represent views of non-academic stakeholders.